In this technology-dominated era, selling online has become a preferred choice for many clothing retailers.
Before you aim to set up a website with fancy product descriptions, it is important that you find the right manufacturer and supplier.
We at Lefty Production Co. have outlined some crucial aspects of finding the right fashion manufacturer. Read on:
Know What You Want
This one is quite obvious. When it comes to finding a manufacturer, you have a few choices. Here are some of them:
· You might want a manufacturer who can help you design and develop your products.
· You might want a manufacturer who will outsource your products overseas.
· You might want a garment manufacturer who can also be a dropshipper, handling all your fulfilment needs.
The Search Process – Where to Begin
After having a clear idea of what you are looking for, it is time to actually start searching for manufacturers. The internet is a good place to begin.
Search for Directories
Directories online will contain details of thousands of manufacturers and suppliers.
If you are looking for an overseas manufacturer or supplier, some of your options include Oberlo, AliBaba, AliExpress, etc.
Getting a Quote
Now that you have found a suitable manufacturer, it is time to contact them. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions, as you are requesting the quote. Here are some tips regarding this:
· Ask them about their minimum order quantity. This will help you evaluate whether you can afford them or not.
· Ask them if their services are comprehensive or piece-meal.
· Ask them if they can handle your development as well as your production needs.
· Ask them for examples of their prior work.
· Ask them about the turnaround time. As an online seller, your customers want instant solutions. Knowing their turnaround times will help you set realistic expectations.
· Finally, ask them about their payment terms. As an ecommerce store, you need to keep your inventory up to date.
Lefty Production Co. is a clothing production company Los Angeles. From men’s wear to athleisure wear, we provide comprehensive clothing options to fashion brands. Take a look at our production process.